Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Positive Reinforcement - I just don't get it!


I hope you've had a chance to work on some of the tricks I've posted.  I have many more planned, and I have some 'guest' posters planned in the near future.  Even if you're not working on the tricks, I hope you're getting the general idea of what I'm truly trying to show you.  What I hope you can take away from this, is that you do NOT need to 'show your dog who's boss', or "be afraid to let him be wrong'.  I hope you see that it's okay for the dog to make mistakes, and give him the opportunity to fix them. I hope you're seeing that training "ANYTHING", should be fun and rewarding for both of you!   Every single thing you teach your dog is really only a trick! Building a solid relationship is key!

If you have a good relationship with your dog, your dog will want to be with YOU!  He will not seek out other people, or other dogs to interact with.  Your dog will be all about YOU, and what YOU get to do TOGETHER!!! If your relationship needs a little work, I'd suggest trick training as a way to get it back on track.

This is a clip from the show "The Big Bang Theory".  


I apologize, the embed option is disabled, but I think the link above will work.  
I have to admit, I've never watched this show, but love this clip! 

Stay tuned for Friday's Trick.

Guaranteed, you'll LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment