Wednesday, February 9, 2011

200K! Way to go CARRIE!!

Carrie is the name of our 2003 Honda Odyssey. 

As we left for a USDAA Trial in Lawrence, KS this weekend, I knew it would be the big FLIP in the odometer for Carrie.  So, I had my camera ready to take the picture!  As luck would have it, right as we’re going through downtown Kansas City!!  Bill’s driving, our Garmin, “Jack” is yapping, and I have my hand and camera between the steering wheel and the dash.  Try explaining THAT accident to your insurance person!  (speaking of Jack, he learned a NEW word!!  Turn “Sharply” – Seriously Jack??  Get a LIFE!!)  

Here's the shot...it's a little blurry.
We were exiting at 55+ mph.



I do like the Casa USDAA Lawrence, KS trial. 
I must, because it’s a darn awful long drive at 5/5 hours one way. 
It’s got to be the most boring drive ever!! 
The people at the trial are nice, everyone chips in and works. 
There are worker prizes! 
I won a JUMP!
GO ME!!!

Seeker got a much needed Steeplechase Qualifier,
 and won a whole $8 on Sunday!!   
Bill and I promptly spent it at the Bethany Dairy Queen! 

I met the cutest Boston Terrier pup ever!
 He was 9 weeks old and cute cute cute!! 
His name is Metro! 
I had to tell her about the movie with Metro Man! 
How totally fun is that!  Great name!! 
I wonder what I’d look like running a Boston?

Seeker got a 3rd Master’s Pairs Leg! 
Thanks Jennifer and Wired!!

Seek had a fantastically fun run in Jumpers on Saturday,
with some lovely tight turns. 
What a BLAST!!
(Double click to make it larger)



Now Back to Carrie………

How can you love a van? 

Are you kidding me?

This van has been a HUGE part of my life for the last 7 ½ years. 

She has taken us to multiple classes, seminars, lessons, trials (both agility, and water). 

I can’t even count the number of times I’ve slept in this van.  She carries our dogs, trial gear, and friends without a complaint.  She’s been hit by a ‘blind guy’, a deer, and had her tires peed on by strange dogs. 

Way to go Carrie!!   


Here’s to 200 more!!!!


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning the jump! What an awesome prize! And of course Yay Carrie! I hope she keeps going for 200000 more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo! way to go, Carrie! My 2004 Odyssey van, Bark,is only at 112,000...I need to trial more! Congrats on a great weekend...hope you did a shout out to my sister, Barb Woods, who lives in Lawrence and teaches at KU....just kiddin'! I don't see her often enough...it is a honkin' long haul to Lawrence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah Carrie!!! Shorty is right behind ya at 177,000!! We should have CAKE!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should definitely have a cake! Yay for crazy dog people who name their vans. C3P0 is only at 70,000. She's just a baby.

    ReplyDelete